[Zope-dev] Zope Head (2.8) breaks "refresh"

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Dec 14 15:03:15 EST 2003

Chris McDonough wrote at 2003-12-13 19:20 -0500:
> With ZEO, Zope typically restarts in under a second.

Things are much better with you than with us.

Here, it takes at least 6 seconds to reload the hundreds of
Python modules that make up Zope and it takes minutes to
validate the ZEO client cache.

We still use ZODB 3.1 and at least there, the cache verification
protocol seems quite stupid. We will soon switch to ZODB 3.2
and when cache validation still needs minutes, I will need
to look into this...

--
Dieter