[Zope-dev] What makes Zope twirl?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:28:19 +0100

Paul Winkler wrote at 2003-2-6 19:24 -0800:
 > Or: when zope goes into a nonresponsive state,
 > what can you do to diagnose the cause?
We saw three occurences of this recently.

Two could be explained via Zope's logfile (--> "doc/LOGGING.txt"):

  *  Zope had run out of file descriptors, therefore, "accept" failed.

  *  Something had closed the "listen" socket.

     The dubious Solaris error message seemed to suggest an
     OS bug: "Connection closed by software".

One problem could not be analysed (nothing in the logfile).

Dieter