[Zope-dev] Python core dump zope 2.6.1+CMF1.3

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:59:22 -0500

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 09:20 am, R. David Murray wrote:
[snip]
> I sup regularly, and rebuild regularly.  That patch is already
> applied.  Also, 2.2 appears to not need the patch, and it crashes, too.

I can confirm that 2.2 does need to be configured with a larger stack siz=
e to=20
work correctly with Zope/CMF on FreeBSD. Whether the port has this patch =
or=20
not included I'm not sure. I don't use the port to run Zope apps, I only =
use=20
it for others apps and testing.

This also affects MacOSX, but I think the stack size *is* automatically b=
umped=20
up during the Python compile (Go figure).

As for Windows, no-one can honestly be surprised at software crashes ther=
e, it=20
all part of the experience ;^)

-Casey