[Zope-dev] How can I tell what a Zope Process is doing?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:04:31 +0000

Hi,

I have a Zope instance whose memory usage is ballooning every so often (to 800Mb
or so :-S) Now, I can see using top that one Zope process is using a lot of CPU
and I'm guessing it's doing some silly iteration that's dragging huge numbers of
objects into memory.

The problem is that I'm having a pretty hard time figuring out what this process
is doing and how I can prevent it. So, does anyone have any idea how I can find out?

As a related question, does the line get written to Z2.log before or after
serving the request has been completed?

Hmmm, just had another thought. Does ChrisM's 'big m' logging show how much
memory was used to serve a particular request?

cheers,

Chris