[Zope-dev] How can I tell what a Zope Process is doing?

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
18 Feb 2003 16:34:40 -0300

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 13:04, Chris Withers wrote:
> [...]
> The problem is that I'm having a pretty hard time figuring out what this process
> is doing and how I can prevent it. So, does anyone have any idea how I can find out?

This page has really helped me in the past

http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/debugspinningzope

> As a related question, does the line get written to Z2.log before or after
> serving the request has been completed?

I don't know, but it's easy to find out. Create an external method that
sleeps for a number of seconds. You can also experiment with
RESPONSE.write() to see if it affects anything.

> Hmmm, just had another thought. Does ChrisM's 'big m' logging show how much
> memory was used to serve a particular request?

I don't think so. I can't think of a way you could have this information
from python seeing that, on linux at least, all memory is owned by all
threads of a process. You could try to install the ForensicLogger and
configure a small interval between measurements.

http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/Products/ForensicLogger

Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.