[Zope-dev] zope connector

Tena Sakai tena.sakai.b@bayer.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:33:14 -0800

Many thanks, Sean.

Your idea sounds interesting and require more investigation
on my part.  I need to write application on a remote zope server
(via wan, not part of our domain, but an extranet site) to access
database tables on my domain.

I don't think the other server has ZEO running.  (Neither do I, but
I can do it since zope server is mine.)  The other side may so
"No," in which case would I still be able to do what you say with
DBTab?  Ie., without ZEO on the other side?

Thank you.

Tena Sakai

                      sean.upton@uniont
                      rib.com                  To:       tena.sakai.b@bayer.com, zope-dev@zope.org
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      zope-dev-admin@zo        Subject:  RE: [Zope-dev] zope connector
                      pe.org

                      02/18/2003 02:14
                      PM

Use ZEO and DBTab and a shared mounted object database that both Zope
instances have access to.  Put any objects that need to be accessed by both
Zope servers in that common storage mounted at some folder-level in your
zope setup.

Sean