[Zope-dev] Index errors revisited: KeywordIndex unindex_object could not remove documentId -883140122 from index ComponentVersions. This should not happen.

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:45:15 +0200

Hi all

We've posted about this before, but never managed to pin down
the issue nicely. It doesn't interfere with our application,
as far as we could tell, so we've let it slide. Here's another
attempt at formulating the problem.

We run a script which iterates over 719 <ZClass License> instances.
For each instance, either one or two <ZClass Reminder> instances
are created and edited. The script completes, logging all the way:

2003-02-27T09:43:44 INFO(0) MyDebugLog
recreate_reminders> INFO: creating reminders for License_99

Then, Zope starts spitting out 657 errors like the following:

2003-02-27T09:43:49 ERROR(200) KeywordIndex unindex_object could not
remove documentId -883140119 from index ComponentVersions.  This should
not happen.
Traceback (innermost last):
   File
/usr/local/zope/2-5-1/lib/python/Products/PluginIndexes/common/UnIndex.py,
line 168, in removeForwardIndexEntry
     (Object: ComponentVersions)
KeyError: -883140119

Most of these errors are identical. There are 172 unique errors,
the rest are all retries. The 172 keys are not in the catalog.
The only indexes involved are ComponentVersions and NodeNames,
both 'lines' properties of <ZClass Reminder>.

Does anyone know how to cause this, so that I can stop doing it?
I'm trying to narrow it down again ..

  (Zope 2.5.1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, linux2)

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za