[Zope-dev] Zope - Document Management Integration

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 01:11:50 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2003 02:51 schrieb Sameer Maggon:
> Hi all,
>
> We have our own proprietary Document Management Product. Lot of our
> clients have their valuable data (images, web-pages, other documents)
> in our repository (powered by our DM product). Now is there a way we
> can incorporate CMS facilities using Zope where the users can make
> web-sites using the content from our DMS.
> If anybody has some idea, please discuss it. I can mail other
> relavant details.
Well, that depends how you can access the DMS data.
(proprietary protocol, xml-rpc, corba, etc.)

Depending upon intend you can then build "proxy" objects for Zope.

The question remains why you want to do this. Zope seems quite capable to=
 do=20
custom document management (when setup rightly). And if you go the=20
proprietary way with the document management, you should be also capable =
to=20
do some proprietary CMS solution :)

Andreas