[Zope-dev] Zope and Python compatibility

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:56:23 -0500

> What would the arguments be for sticking with Zope 2.1.3 for Zope 2.7? I
> feel most people want to use the latest and greatest versions, usually...

Actually, most people don't care about the latest and greatest, and
would prefer tried and trusted.  Especially if the latest and greatest
means they have to install more stuff.

> Or?
>
> Of course, if the requirement could be 2.1.3 *or* 2.2.2, that would
> be nice, but is that realistic?

In practice, Zope 2.6(.x) already fulfills this requirement, it's only
that ZC doesn't have the resources to guarantee it.  I think 2.7 would
be in the same boat.