[Zope-dev] Re: AdaptableStorage

azazel@chiaroscuro.com azazel@chiaroscuro.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:45:56 +0100

Paul Winkler scrive:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 05:30:58PM +0000, seb bacon wrote:
>> Shane, AdaptableStorage is insane and beautiful - congratulations :-)
>
> It seems to inspire insanity :) kosh and i got into a discussion on #zope
> about using AdaptableStorage with reiserfs4, mapping zope properties
> to reiserfs4 properties... finally, a fully really transparent
> unix filesystem <-> ZODB solution that isn't a half-assed version of either!
> didn't get into detail but it seems like it should be doable.

uhumm.. nice idea... i'm thinking also about using Subversion
(subversiom.tigris.org), a cvs interesting alternative, as a storage for
zope objects at some level. Subversion has the concept of  versioned
properties on a file and, best of all, it has a complete python swig
interface.

I'm still thinking at what level should i do the mapping, if at Storage
level or at "user" level, like CVSFolder does.

After looking at the code, it seems that AdaptableStorage  could help on
this.

azazel