[Zope-dev] Re: AdaptableStorage

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:46:06 +0000

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>
>> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>>
>>> performance.  There needs to be a way for applications that modify
>>> the database to tell Zope about the modification, so Zope can reset
>>> its caches.
>>

>> But, IIRC, the last time this was discussed on a mailing list you had
>> some cool ideas to sovle the problem, right?
>

> Yes, but I want to hear other people's ideas first.  What do you think?

Isn't this a different problem for each kind of storage, e.g. MD5 hash
for ext2, transaction ID for foo...?  Or are you referring to a
different aspect of the problem?

While reading the referenced thread on the subject, I found your
description of the product design here:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2002-August/016981.html

Could this go in the docs/ directory of the product?  The design, while
very clean, doesn't lend itself to immediate understanding on a cursory
view of the source...

seb