[Zope-dev] Can't return / publish object of a dictionary?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:49:45 +0000

Jeff Rush wrote:
> Yeah, the new property type in Python 2.2 is pretty cool, but out of
> range for use under Zope at the moment.  The ExtensionClass requirement
> for persistence eliminates using it with new style Python classes.

Why?  I can't see why ExtensionClass should not work with the new
property type.  Or is the problem specifically to do with persisting a
property?

In any case, it is certainly out of range for Zope since Zope does not
yet officially support python 2.2 - I just mentioned it out of interest.

Cheers,

seb