[Zope-dev] interaction with local FS

Mario Bianchi kammamuri_mb@hotmail.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:24:30 +0000

Hi everyone,
I'm curious in finding out how zope interacts with the server's file system:
let's say I want to allow the users of my site to manage (read/write) their
own files on the server's file system, does Zope support this goal anyhow?
As far as I've seen, to me the response seems to be no, it doesn't! The only
way to access the server's file system from zope seems to be using the
ExternalFile product, which is far from satisfactory from the point of view
of file access rights: it only allows access to files owned by zope itself
(or in the same group of zope's).
No way to access 'someuser''s files with the uid of 'someuser'?
Thanks,
   Mario.