[Zope-dev] RE: [ZODB-Dev] False alarm (was: [BUG] maybe yet unknown BTREES bug)

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:05:12 -0500

[Dieter.Maurer@Haufe.de]
> It has been a false alarm. Sorry!
>
>   The same problem occured with the new BTrees module.
>
>   Therefore, I checked the error again and found,
>   that the problem was not caused by "tree[k] = v"
>   but by a nearby "del tree[k]" (which, of course, is entitled to raise
>   "KeyError").
>
>   When we had analysed the error for the first time, we happened
>   to look at some slightly outdated source.

I appreciate the follwup, Dieter!  I've gone half blind searching the source
for any way a BTree __setitem__ could have raised KeyError.  I didn't find
one, even if the BTree were corrupted.  But that doesn't mean it couldn't
happen <wink>, so knowing it wasn't actually happening is a relief.