[Zope-dev] easy to fix bugs present in 2.7.0a1

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 13:17:09 -0700

Andreas Jung wrote:
> >The fix for collector issue 342 was never included on CVS-HEAD and
> >hence didn't make it into the 2.7 branch, it continues to only exist
> >on the 2.6 branch.
>
> Fixed
> >Collector issue 628, the ZMI textareas, as I recently mentioned on
> >this list, are currently all out of wack.  I've written patches to fix
> >this and normalize their behavior, its all really simple stuff.  For
> >URLs to the patches see issue 628.
>
> Fixed
> >Collector issue 953, this is a dead simple 1-liner problem/fix, and
> >really should be fixed in both 2.6.2 and 2.7
>
> Fixed

Excelent, thank you!

Jamie Heilman wrote:
> Collector issue 799, dtml-tree still uses SCRIPT_NAME to generate the
> base path for its plus and minus images, SCRIPT_NAME breaks badly when
> Zope is proxied and has been discouraged since what... Zope 2.3 I
> believe.  The patch changes dtml-tree so it uses BASEPATH1 which works
> correctly.

I gather this bug has been lurking for so long because its probably
not seen very often; it depends on how you set up zope, but here's a
way to reproduce it, lest anyone think its not a real bug:

using mod_rewrite+mod_proxy set up a path to access the root of
zope-space which doesn't map to the root of apache's web space:

RewriteRule ^/zope(.*) http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/example.com:80/VirtualHostRoot/_vh_zope$1 [P,L]

Everything works, except the +/- icons used by dtml-tree, with the
patch, they work too.  Looking at doc/HISTORY.txt we see that most of
the SCRIPT_NAME->BASEPATH1 changes happend for Zope 2.3.0 alpha 1, but
this one got missed.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing