[Zope-dev] ZCatalog Indexes tab crawls...

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:29:10 +0200

Anthony Baxter wrote at 2003-7-18 15:14 +1000:

 > > I agree but the current implementation sux. Switching to a counter based
 > > solution would solve the problem. The only problem I see is to keep the
 > > code fully backward compatible.
 >
 > if there's no counter present:
 >    create one, do a count of the docs, initialise the counter

We can use the size of the "_unindex".

However, is it really worth it?

"#objects" suggests that it is the number of objects indexed by
this index. Who is interested in this information?

Unless one has inhomogeous objects, almost all objects are indexed
by every index. Thus, "#objects" is likely to be similar for
many indexes.

A much more interesting information would be the size of the index measured
by the number of index terms.

Dieter