[Zope-dev] ZopeCTL from debian sid could it be included?

kosh kosh@aesaeion.com
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:25:27 -0600

I was chatting on irc with some people on #zope and some where interested in
it because it does make managing many zope instances easy. You have config
files for your instances and you can stop and start all instances from a
single script. You can also create new instances, remove them, reset the
access password etc. It makes it much easier to manage overall then a regular
zope install however it still needs a little more work for some of its rough
spots.

I would like to see something like this as part of zope since currently zope
is a bit of a pain to manage many instances on one machine and so lots of
things have been developed to deal with that and having a system that is just
part of zope to address that would help a lot from a maintenance standpoint.
This one has the advantage of being written in python, having a simple config
file format and it already works however any such system would be an
improvement and I am sure debian would switch if zope gained a built in way
to do this.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/zopectl.html