[Zope-dev] Re: TALES idea: tuple unpacking

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:40:02 +0100

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Guys, that line of thinking is a distraction.  ZPT authors ought to
> learn Python.

I dunno about that, I would really like to see simple ZPT require no
understanding of python...

> language again.  If DTML used TALES expressions, it would be just as
> clean as ZPT.

I actually agree with that, but due to the likelyhood of that happening being so
small, and the fact that backwards compatability will mean that the
throat-slittingly bad stuff that happened as a result of DTML being used to do
logic, and the bulk of really evil example stuff out there, I stick with my view
that 'DTML sux'...

Chris