[Zope-dev] more Zope2.6 fun: ZEO client death.

Andrew Sydelko Andrew Sydelko" <andrew@sydelko.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 06:31:35 -0500

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:57am, Anthony Baxter wrote:

>>  Updating it by hand to ZEO2 hasn't made all good and happy, though -
>>  the ZEO/start.py includes
>>  import ThreadedAsync.LoopCallback
>>  at the top of the file, but the sys.path magic that makes this
>>  available is inside the main() function. Moving the import to
>>  the line after the sys.path magic fixes this.
>>
>>  I'm now getting a failed import for ZODB.utils.oid_repr, which
>>  suggests that I'm going to need to update the ZODB installation
>>  here from the one that's in 2.6.2. :-/
>
> Ok, this was easy - Zope2.6 requires the ZODB3-3_1-branch ZEO code.
>
> The previous ThreadedAsync import fix still needs to be applied,
> though...

Why? I'm using Zope 2.6.2b4 and moving the ZEO directory out of
ZODB3.1.2 and into Zope/lib/python/ and everything works fine.

I've seen no problems with imports. And if anything, the cache
implementation in the ZODB3.1.2 version of ZEO made a remarkable
performance difference.

--andy.