[Zope-dev] more Zope2.6 fun: ZEO client death.

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:06:08 -0400

Andrew Sydelko wrote:
> It's faster especially compared to ZEO 1.x, but also compared to earlier
> versions of ZEO 2.x/ZEO from ZODB3.1.x.
>
> At one point, changes were made to the initial cache invalidation check
> that caused ZEO startup time to become significantly faster.
> Before this change the ZEO client would take more than a minute to start
> (with a cache_size of 200MB).
>
> We've not tried ZEO from ZODB3.2.x yet.

Oh, right.  I was concerned for a moment that a minor change in ZEO 3.2
had slowed it down somehow.  But you weren't talking about that.  Whew.

Jim and PythonLabs put a bunch of work into optimizing ZEO cache
validation earlier this year, and now it's quite speedy.

Shane