[Zope-dev] A First Look at Zope3

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:53:57 -0400

Chris Gray writes:
 > I checked out Zope3 from CVS yesterday and had a go at it for the first
 > time.  Granted that it is a work in progress, I did have a few comments
 > from a user's (rather than a developer's) perspective.

Thanks for taking the time to look at Zope 3!  We definately
appreciate comments from users and potential users.

 > About the new look to adding objects in a folder -- I see the point of
 > going to a list of contents with a text input to assign a name (so you can
 > see what names are already in use),

This can vary based on the type of object and how it's been
configured.

 >                                     but I see one problems.  The text
 > input appears at the top of the list and the button to commit the change
 > is at the bottom of the list.  This will become more inconvenient as a
 > container's list of contents grows.  Perhaps the buttons should always be
 > near the text input.

That's a good idea, and very reasonable.  I will take this opportunity
to note that simply pressing Enter (or Return, depending on your
keyboard!) will submit the form as well.

There is a zope3-dev list available that specifically deals with Zope
3; sending your comments and observations there will reach more of the
active Zope 3 developers.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>