small summary and big plea was:(Re: [Zope-dev] Versions: should they die?)

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Fri, 06 Jun 2003 22:48:41 +0200

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Oliver Bleutgen wrote at 2003-6-6 11:46 +0200:
>  > 3. And (minor problem, but whatever), since zope relies completely on
>  > the browser to send cookies only the right time (i.e. that the path set
>  >   for the cookie must match a prefix of the request-URI), this might
>  > also give unexpected results with acquisition.

> 3. is already implemented correctly (I think).

I doubt it, since the code which causes the opening of a versioned db
connection doesn't know anything about the path semantics of the value
of 'Zope-Version'.
Let's say you have

aMethod
aFolder
       aVersion

and have entered the version at aFolder/aVersion and POST to

aFolder/aMethod/manage_doSomething

(manage_doSomething changes aMethod)

your browser will send a 'Zope-Version' cookie with value
'aFolder/aVersion' (standards conform, since you are requesting an URL
below '/aFolder', the path of this 'Zope-Version' cookie), and aMethod
will be locked in that version.

Not tested, but I would take a bet.

cheers,
oliver