[Zope-dev] Re: Post-authentication hook

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:39:07 +0200

Chris Withers wrote at 2003-6-10 13:24 +0100:
 > Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > >    When we had a post-authentication hook (a hook called by
 > >    ZPublisher after authentication has been done),
 > >    then we could check in this hook that the user has
 > >    the right to enter the version.
 >
 > When did we have one? Where did it go?

English is difficult and it is not my mother tongue.

I meant:

   If we had (would have) a post-authentication hook ...

We had discussed the post-authentication hook in connection
with role based skin selection but we never had it implemented.

 > >    Such a hook would be extremely helpful for other applications,
 > >    too.
 >
 > Yeah, a specific example that springs to mind is the selection of a CMF skin
 > based on a user's role...

Indeed. That where the post-authentication hook idea came into existence...

Dieter