R: [Zope-dev] RE: DBtab and BDBStorage

Fabio Paracchini fparacchini@alteanet.it
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:27:06 +0200

I would add that 2.1.3 on Windows does not support LFS. At least from =
what I
see from here:

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2002-October/124030.html

Anyone has different info ?

Another way is if you install Python 2.2 and ZODB3.2a, you can use ZEO =
and
mount via DBTab.=20

In this way you can use Py2.3+ZODB3.2a as ZEO server, and use LFS, and =
then
mount the storage via ZEO Client on a Py2.1+ZODB3.2a+ZOPE.

I tried this only on an experimental setup, and it seemed to work, at =
least
I was able to mount a DB and create a Plone site; I didn't do any =
stress
test, i.e. load more than 2Gb. If someone is willing to try more, I'll =
be
happy to assist...

Ciao
Fabio