[Zope-dev] version status

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:52:03 -0400

Jamie Heilman wrote:
> Whats the status of versions for 2.6.2 and 2.7?  Have there been any
> decisions reached?  I saw Jim's code get checked in but it won't
> stop the DoS I posted.

Say it a little louder.  Here is what I think you're saying:

- Anonymous users can still open a versioned database connection
(although now they can't use it)

- Merely opening a versioned connection consumes resources

- Zope does not free those resources as it should

Can you confirm that's what you're seeing?  Either we need to make Zope
free the resources, or if that's not possible, we need a different strategy.

Shane