[Zope-dev] Domain Login Slowness at certain location

Andrew R. Halko ahalko@insivia.com
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:07:58 -0400

Hello All,

I set up an Intranet that is based on visitors IP Address.  I made a
tutorial at Plone.org
(http://plone.org/documentation/howto/HowToDomainIntranet).  Now my
problem is that I am experiencing a lot of slowness for someone that is
within the domain, but it is only within this one location.  So, if I
set the site to check my address and log me in, there is not slowness.
But if I change the site to log people in automatically if they have the
ip address for the gateway at the location, it is very very slow loading
for all of them.

Does anyone know the processes that the domain attribute goes through to
log people in?  Or maybe have an idea what could cause it?  I am trying
to diagnose and I am not sure what could cause it.  It is the mixture of
the automatic login and firewall or something else at the location.  Any
ideas?  Thanks

Andrew R. Halko