[Zope-dev] Re: Heads-up: 2.6.2 b3 and 2.7 a1 releases

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:17:39 +0200

Brian Lloyd wrote:
> and all of the items considered important to
> get into
> the 2.7 alpha 1 have been merged.

Hi Brian,

I've talked to Andreas at EuroPython yesterday about the ZRest-Product,
which was originally written by Richard Jones. Andreas added this to 2.7.

In my opinion we should go for a more general
"TextDocument"-Content-Type, which allows switching between
RestructuredText, StructuredText and PlainText (newlines_to_br).

I've looked into ZRest-Product on my travel back from EuroPython and
would think, that the additional switchable-text-format-support could be
easily integrated. Should I provide patches? I would also provide the
missing icon for the ZRest-Product.

Another one: If I implement the described changes, we should switch
ZRest to a more "general" meta_type: TextDocument (formerly
ReStructuredText Document). How about that?

I think that this is no showstopper in general, but switching the
meta_type could be one, if people start to work with 2.7...

Cheers, Maik