[Zope-dev] Proposed installation changes for review

Adrian van den Dries adriand@flow.com.au
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:11:25 +1100

On March 10, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Please provide your feedback before this Friday, March 14.

A couple of things:

Debug mode needs to be broken out into directives for its real
effects.  I always want Zope to run as a daemon, but I also want
automatic PT/DTML reloading, and immediate tracebacks.  I think there
should be a separate "no-detach" for those people who want that
feature.

The ZODB section doesn't work:

 Error: 'mount-point' is not a known key name

Also, it needs to support arbitrary storage types.  I don't know how
ZConfig works internally, but I'm guessing each storage type would
supply a ZConfig thingie that registers its configuration paramaters
to ZConfig.  I'm hoping to roll out some large production Zopes with
partitioned, distributed storages.

a.

--
 Adrian van den Dries                           adriand@flow.com.au