[Zope-dev] Modification Help

mattficken@mail.com mattficken@mail.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 02:31:43 -0500

I am trying to develop a program that generates a top-level folder within zope and then has one of its functions called to give permission to access the folder, as opposed to using the standard Zope permission system. As I understand it the only way to do this is to modify the core zope software.

Am I correct or is there another way to do it?

I have looked at OFS.ObjectManager and discovered that the functions _getobj, _setobj, and _delobj are called to get, set and delete an object. Presumably, if I raised an exception here, it would cause the operation to not suceed. I have also figured out how to get the ID and Title of the file, but I can't get the absolute path.

How do I tell the absolute path of a file from within OFS.ObjectManager?
And, is modifying OFS.ObjectManager to call the function in my program the best place to modify the core of zope?

Thank You
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup