[Zope-dev] Session Errors

John Eikenberry jae-zdev@kavi.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:36:53 -0800

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> Read conflicts occur if a change is committed in between the start of a
> transaction, and the transaction needing to load the object. A workaround to
> reduce the number of read conflicts is to touch the objects that are likely
> to change early in the transaction.

Thanks for the tip. My sessions test script had a sleep() call right after
the transaction commit, thus making it right at the beginning of the next
transaction. Moving it to right before the commit (after all the session
tests) pretty much eliminated all the read conflict errors. Just get a
standard ConflictError occasionally now (not nearly as often).

--

John Eikenberry [jae@kavi.com]
 will deserve neither and lose both."