[Zope-dev] ZCTextIndex and ZCatalog conundrum

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 01 May 2003 10:39:10 +0100

Andreas Jung wrote:
> First, you can not use the sort_on parameter since TextIndexes do not
> provide
> the necessary keyForDocument() method.

Indeed. Is there any way keyForDocument could be implemented to do what's required?

> I think the only way is to call the indexes directly and munge the
> results from both
> indexes. ZCTextIndex has a query() that returns a mapping docid -> score.
> With these informations it should not be too hard to solve your problem.

Hmmm... it just strikes me that this really sucks.

sort_on seems the way I'd expect it to work as a user.

How do we make that work?

cheers,

Chris