[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7: OrderSupport for ObjectManager

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Mon, 05 May 2003 13:35:58 +0200

Hi!

Implementing the OrderedObjectManager proposal, we fleshed it out and
modified it a bit. I made an initial checkin on a branch which reflects
our current thinking. So this is your chance to discuss the changes
before we merge it into the trunk.

The code:
yuppie-ordersupport-branch (Creating the branch went wrong a bit. Please
just checkout lib/python/AccessControl, lib/python/OFS and
lib/python/Products/OFSP.)

The original proposal:
<http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/OrderedObjectManager>

Some key issues:

1.) OrderSupport is a mixin class for ObjectManager. (using the
CopySupport / FindSupport / UndoSupport pattern)

2.) 'Folder (Ordered)' is a 'Folder' with OrderSupport. (using the
'Script (Python)' pattern for the meta_type to avoid a name clash with
the existing OrderedFolder product or names like OrderedFolderLite)

3.) For the ZMI, we use the same 'main.dtml' as the ObjectManager. This
way we avoid redundant code and make it easier for products that need to
change the 'main.dtml'.

If there are no objections, I'm going to land this soon.

Cheers,

Yuppie

PS: For API Help, we have to copy (!) the Interface to OFSP/help? Right?