[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7: OrderSupport for ObjectManager

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Mon, 05 May 2003 18:56:48 +0200

Hello Yuppie!

I was initially somewhat uncomfortable with the fact that you have changed
the ordering API completely. Where has 'move_object_up' gone, and where is
'manage_move_object_up'? Is there an upgrade path for code using the
classic API of OrderedFolder or the OrderedFolderSupportPatch?

Well, at least the names do not collide and both APIs will be able to
coexist. ;-)

I am however less convinced about the changes you made to the Folder class
on Friday:

<http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/OFS/Folder.py.diff?r1=1.101.66.1&r2=1.
101.66.2&only_with_tag=yuppie-ordersupport-branch>

Adding an __init__() method is quite a significant change! Furthermore, the
way you did it alters the behaviour of the Folder class which is not
acceptable. If you absolutely want to add a Folder constructor, please do
it in a b/w compatible way. I suggest you consider the implementation
proposed here:
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2002-July/016913.html>

Oh, and the up/down GIFs are hideous. ;-)

IMO,
Stefan

--
The time has come to start talking about whether the emperor is as well
dressed as we are supposed to think he is.               /Pete McBreen/