[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.7: OrderSupport for ObjectManager

Andrew Sawyers andrew@zope.com
Wed, 07 May 2003 10:11:51 -0400

I'll have to chime in since I saw something that's a bad assumption.
Yuppie wrote:
>Our first proposal was to add the ordering API to the default Folder.
The result of the discussion was OrderedFolder. That >makes it easier to
migrate to Zope3: If it is an OrderedFolder, the order of _objects is
important, if it is an Folder, we just can >discard _objects.
This is a *really* bad assumption; for several projects I've
monkey-patched folder to support ordering in custom CMS projects;  the
order of _objects is important to these folks.  I appologize for chiming
in so late in the game, but if requirements are being driven by that
assumption, it's not a safe one IMNSHO.
Thanks,
Andrew Sawyers
Software Engineer