[Zope-dev] Product refresh causes database connections leaking

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 20:09:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:

> Refreshing causes the number of connections from zope to the postgres to
> grow (from 4 to 8 in the first time). That's why I suspected there's
> something wrong either with the DA or with the refresh functionality
> which has nothing to do with the ZODB.

The refresh functionality *does* have to do with ZODB.  Specifically,
Refresh attempts to clear the cache, but in Zope 2.6 it does not succeed
in freeing objects from the cache.  That is why it's leaking
connections.  In Zope 2.7 it will hopefully succeed in freeing the cached
objects.

Shane