[Zope-dev] ZopeSandBox and zope-error

PieterB PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl>
Sun, 18 May 2003 04:05:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I created a Zope sandbox based on the script of Sidnei
http://cvs.zope.org/NZO_SiteLayout/buildout_zope_sandbox?cvsroot=Zope.org
I've tested with Python 2.3b1 and Zope 2.7 (using CVS-head). I also
created a Makefile which can be easily used for making, cleaning-up
and starting/stopping Zope. The scripts are available at
http://gewis.nl/~pieterb/zope/zopesandbox (work-in-progress).

It would be great to have a (modular) create_sandbox script which
would work on all (Unix) platforms and where you can easiliy select
which version of the various products you want to use.

When starting/stopping Zope I get the following error:

	bin/zopectl stop
	/home/pieterb/ZopeSandBox/opt/Zope-head/lib/python/
		ZServer/medusa/test/max_sockets.py:53:
	DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float
  	for i in range(1 + len(sl) * 0.05):

which can be easility fixed:

	for i in range(int((1 + len(sl) * 0.05))):

After fixing that I get the following error when I start Zope:

	/home/pieterb/ZopeSandBox/opt/Zope-head/lib/python/App/Product.py:37:
	DeprecationWarning: the rotor module uses an insecure algorithm and is
	deprecated
  	import os, re, zlib, marshal, rotor, cPickle

This seems harder to fix.

I also tried adding a Plone site, but that gives an "Action cancelled"
error in the browser (and I don't see any logging of the problem). I'll
also tried with Python 2.2.2, but that also fails...

Some questions:
- Will Python 2.3 be supported for Zope 2.7/Zope 3?
- Should I use the HEAD or the 2.7-dev-branche for Zope 2.7?
  (please document this in the 2.7 Wiki).
- Would others try the scrips on their platform (and possibly improve
  it)

PieterB