[Zope-dev] [CRITICAL] Conflict Errors, Transactions,Retries,OhMy....

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 31 May 2003 19:16:01 +0200

Shane Hathaway wrote at 2003-5-30 14:52 -0400:
 > The ideas weren't as clear in my head then as they are now. :-)  See my
 > reply to Chris.

What do you do with "ReadConflictError"s? They are worse than
(write) "ConflictError"s as they are not affected by conflict
resolution?

When you replay (without rereading and applying the application
logic), you can loose changes.

  This might not be a big problem with the session objects themselves,
  but the session administrative data surely will not good
  with this approach.

  And many of the current ConflictErrors come from access to
  the administrative data.

Dieter