[Zope-dev] Re: New-style ExtensionClasses (Zope 2.8) -- MRO issue

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Mon Nov 24 14:06:07 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 13:22, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> I think it was decided for the non-mro approach, though no one stated
> it clearly.

If it was, they sure didn't.  A summary of the opinions that lead to the
decision would be nice.

Even if it's decided, it wouldn't hurt to fix the inheritance problems
in CMF.  One of the key properties of C3 is local order is honored.  If
a class A has two base classes B and C, then a method defined in B and C
(perhaps via their base classes) will be found in B first.

This matches the way I think about inheritance, but not the way the old
algorithm works.  You may be able to change the inheritance hierarchy so
that C3 and classic MROs both have the same results.  Then programmers
will be able to understand the code :-).

Jeremy