[Zope-dev] catalogObject changes (Zope-2_6-branch)

Chris McDonough chrism at zopemafia.com
Sat Oct 4 11:50:17 EDT 2003

The system is making the assumption that if you update indexes
individually, you know what you're doing.  Passing an index name into
catalogObject was always meant to do as much or as little work as you
specified with respect to the names of the indexes; it was only by
mistake that metadata got updated when indexes were specified.  The new
(correct) behavior may break some applications that depended on the bug,
and I'm sorry it broke yours, but it was indeed a bug.

And, doh, yes, I need to forward-port the fix to the 2.7 branch and the
HEAD. :-(