[Zope-dev] _p_deactivate() and _v_ variables?

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Fri Oct 10 02:54:31 EDT 2003

On Thursday 09 October 2003 14:01, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> > I agree with this. How do we go about find code that uses the assumption
> > that _v_ stuff won't change unless it's at a transaction boundary?
>
> Note that we had a problem related to this with a client recently: In
> CMF, skin data is stored in portal._v_skindata, and is actually needed
> for the whole request, but in some ZEO setting this go cleared by a
> get_transaction().commit(1) which was unexpected and led to breakage
> because in that batch treatment we used some skin methods too...

Something after the subtransaction commit must be tickling the cache garbage
collector. Thats generally what subtransactions are used for.

A while ago there was a discussion on zodb-dev about _v_-like attributes that
would be automatically cleared at the end of a transaction. Do we need
something similar that guarantees it will _not_ be cleared until the end of
the transaction?

--
Toby Dickenson