[Zope-dev] RFC: Pythonic Zope Instance Manager

Luis Lavena luislavena at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 11:49:31 EDT 2003

Hello everyone,

I'll like to Request For Comments on something I was thinking for the past
weeks: a pythonic replacement of mkzopeinstance script found on zope 2.7,
and extend it later to a full GUI client (Win32 for a start).

the URL is :
http://www.mmediasys.com/zope/rfc.html

Please excuse the bad grammar, I'n not a native english speaker/writer, and
I'm very tired at this time (didn't sleep well for the past days).

There some detractors of the idea (most of them linux evangelist), but the
idea is grater than just "use the plain command line boy"...

Maybe provide a backend for ISP/ASP companies that provide Zope for their
customers, so the setup process of instances or zeo clients could be taked
by a script using ZIntanceManager instead of bash ones.

I'm looking forward the idea is good looking/attractive to some zope
users/developers. When sending comments put on subject "RFC:
ZInstanceManager" to avoid my spam filter deletion.

Regards,

Luis Lavena