[Zope-dev] Re: Zope-Dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 20

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Mon Sep 22 17:45:34 EDT 2003

Zope 2.6.2, Zeo 2.0.1b1 and python 2.2.3
>    I'm trying to get this combo working (I know its not officially
> supported).  It works fine except for when a second client updates zeo
> the changes aren't seen from the first client (until its restarted).  I
> ran the zeo tests with 2.2.3 and they all pass.  Zope 2.6.2 seems to
> work fine even with zeo when only one client is doing updates.  Where
>   would I look to try and track down the problem (somewhere in the
> caching code?)  Is this even worth pursuing?  I have another library
>            that I would like to use but it requires 2.2.3.

You should download the latest ZODB 3.1 release and use the ZEO you find
there.  There have been many critical bugs fixed since 2.0.1b1; the
current release is 2.0.4.  See http://www.zope.org/Products/ZODB3.1.

I'm not aware of any issues using ZEO with Python 2.2.3, but I can't
comment on whether there are Zope issues.

Jeremy