[Zope-dev] unregistering products

alan milligan alan_milligan at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 02:35:48 EDT 2003

Hi,

We have a relatively common situation whereby we will create our own product
by deriving off an existing Zope product.

However, the original product is still available through Products.meta_types
and the factory construction mechanism.  This is a pain as then users must
be careful as to what product's they create.

It is inconvenient to comment out the registerClass calls in the __init__.py
to achieve this result.  Is there any other technique to deregister products
yet still have them available in the PYTHONPATH to satisfy other
dependencies?

Cheers, Alan