[Zope-dev] Caching Policy Manager (Was: Caching prob with AHCM and headers)

Andy McKay andy at agmweb.ca
Thu Sep 25 14:06:48 EDT 2003

This thread and an application for a client has meant i've started to
formulate a replacement for Caching Policy Manager. From the way I see
it all the functionality in CPM (Vary etc) should be rolled into AHCM.

CPM should then just be very simple set of policies that using a
predicate point to a cache. Which could be an AHCM, or a Ram Cache or
another cache. Admittedly Ram Cache is not something you'd normally want
to do for CMF content, but there other caching options.

Then we'll have one much more functional AHCM rather than two seperate
cache managers trying to almost the same thing... and a much more
flexible and pluggable cacheing strategy.
--
   Andy McKay
   http://www.agmweb.ca