Zope + Ape + Subversion (was: RE: [Zope-dev] Using a truely r evis ion based storage for Zope ?)

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Wed Apr 14 19:39:18 EDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote:

> Fact is if one wanted a client to interact with a svn repository that stores
> zope objects, it would need to be fairly specifically designed for it ...
> How would a client (Say dreamweaver with a subversion plug-in) know that
> when editing an image, the x and y size properties need to be updated ? What
> if someone monkey patches the image type to add some other
> property/attribute ?

I would say Ape is quite good at accepting data from non-Zope-aware tools,
and I'd like to make it better.  The fact that Ape stores the image
dimensions separately from the image content is an implementation decision
in the serializer.  You could instead tell the serializer to detect image
dimensions when loading the object.  The detection is a relatively
inexpensive operation.

Shane