[Zope3-dev], [Zope-dev] Import checking code

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Apr 16 06:15:21 EDT 2004

Fred Drake wrote:
> On Thursday 15 April 2004 13:22, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>  > If somebody lets me know which API they want implemented for retrieving
>  > imports (and use of imports) I could do this lifting work myself.
>
> I'm not sure simply re-implementing one of the finddeps.py internal interfaces
> is the right thing to do; that's some incredibly cludgey code in Zope 3.
> There's a lot of confusion about what values are paths and which are module
> names, and that makes me very uncomfortable.

> If you'd like to replace the code that locates imports, feel free to do so.
> It may be that conciseness wins; the tokenize-based approach certainly ended
> up being more code than I'd expected initially.

I'll try to find some time to take a look at it. Dependency checking is
sort of a natural thing to use importchecker stuff for, but
importchecker itself may need some refactoring. :)

> On Thursday 15 April 2004 01:21 pm, Stephan Richter wrote:
>  > Fred has fixed that a while ago already (if I read the checkins
>  > correctly). :-)
>
> No, Martijn's talking about something else... kinda.  I imagine he had even
> stronger feelings about your initial implementation.  ;-)

Right, I'd missed the transition to the tokenize based code, which
probably is reasonably reliable. I did have objections to the regular
expressions. :)

Regards,

Martijn