[Zope-dev] Proposal: Rename zope package

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Fri Apr 16 15:24:33 EDT 2004

Michael Bernstein wrote:
> Fred Drake wrote:
>> Hehe.  ;-)
>>
>> (I do hope you're joking!)
>

> About even considering a 'wholesale moving and renaming' yes, obviously,
> but as far as suggesting 'OPE' as an alternative to 'z' (insofar as it
> is still necessary to avoid a name-clash with 'Zope'), no. 'OPE' (as an
> acronym for Object Publishing Environment) seems like it fits better
> conceptually than 'z'.
>
> Did I miss something? Did I just manage to embarrass myself? Is this a
> dream where I find I am wearing nothing but underwear in public and then
> wake up?

Well, OPE made me think of:

- Opie on The Andy Griffith Show - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053479/

- Spelling it "zOPE" to take advantage of a frequent mishap involving
the cAPS lOCK key

- Shouting the name of the product repeatedly in code as a method of
advertising

- Friday afternoon

I thought it was funny. :-)

Shane