Zope + Ape + Subversion (was: RE: [Zope-dev] Using a truely r evis ion based storage for Zope ?)

Kapil Thangavelu hazmat at objectrealms.net
Sun Apr 18 02:39:38 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 00:16, Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote:
> Oooooh, a very good idea indeed! We'll have to look at that eventually.
>
> The mechanism you describe is preferable, but it should be noted that
> subversion properties are easily accessible using the clients.
>
> So long as said properties are human readable/writable, that's also an
> option.
>
> The main issue for me (And many others I suppose), is the fact that every
> single object type I use is either completely custom, or a monkey patched
> version of a built-in type (Notably OFS.Image for instance).
>
> So there would have to be a reliable serializer for "other" objects, which I
> beleive you already have, so that's OK :)

i dunno if you use or have tried archetypes, but it has experimental
support for generating the needed ape structures from its schema.. see
archgenxml and archetypes/apesupport.. its pretty cool actually you cane
go from a uml model straight to a content model with support.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/archetypes/Archetypes/ApeSupport.py?rev=1.6&view=auto

cheers,

-kapil