[Zope-dev] Re: zLOG changes

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 04:48:09 EDT 2004

Andreas Jung wrote:

>> - In debug mode, use an alternate or auxillary logging configuration to
>>   replace or augment the <eventlog> configuration section.  This is more
>> work   up front, but keeps everything flexible.
>
> Maybe too much overkill...not sure if one needs an academic solution
> here...

I'm guessing there is some kind of log-to-console logger already?

If so, why not just add that in zope.conf and comment it out when you move to
production?

That seems both flexible and sensible to me, and with no work :-)

BTW, is there a logger in Python 2.3/Zope 2.7 that sends log entries via email?
If not, I'll port MailingLogger to Zope 2.7 and see if I can make it play nice :-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk