[Zope-dev] Re: The bleak Future of Zope?!

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Apr 21 11:11:26 EDT 2004

robert rottermann wrote:

>> > will not be able to participate
>>
>>> easily on the academic Zope3 train. The technic
>>> freaks who modell Zope3 are usually not application
>>> developers,  which have to build and run working
>>
>> > applications for real human users.
>>
>> That's both insulting and incorrect.  Many of the leaders
>> of the Zope 2 community are involved in Zope 3 and using it.
>> These people are application developers.
>
> we native german speakers tend to be much more direct and phrase dings
> more bluntly the you americans do.
> In german I read Maik's statement as a strong opinion but never as an
> insult.
>
> Since I am the one who asked Mike to speak up I would feel bad if it
> created any bad feelings.

I would also like to point out that Maik did not post it here himself.
It's an opinion directed to a group of people that most likely knows him
and his context better than we do on this list.

There is a big difference in how you can talk about, and talk to, other
people.

Sometimes you use harder language to emphasize a point. A language that
you wouldn't normally use when talking to somebody. Generally there is
nothing wrong with this, but seen out of context it can seem inapropriate.

regards Max M